Sunday, January 9, 2011

"For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic"-Riot!

I'm not really a pessimist but lately I feel like I have been. Working 46 hours in a week WHILE having the flu will do that to you. (I think I need another 10 day vacation).

With that being said, I'll give you my recap of 2010...because I was too sick on January 1st to do so:

I'm not gunna lie, 2010 was the PITS! I have never been happier to see a year go by! 2010-you will NOT be missed! You blatantly SUCKED!

*Deep breath*
Ok, it wasn't that bad but a lot of really terrible things happened. Tristin and I have to agree that this was probably our most trying year together.
Now I can't be too harsh on our events of last year because every milestone had a very important lesson attached. I'm grateful for the lessons and the maturity that unfolded from it, but that doesn't mean I'd want to relive it all again.

With all that being said, am I excited and hopeful and optimistic for 2011? I'm a little apprehensive to be honest. Living in Colorado has got to be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Moving to the USA being the hardest. Seriously, if it wasn't for the Church and our close Church Family that we have here (They are Heaven's Angels in my eyes!) I would have packed my bags and left.

However, with this past year in the past and a clean slate on the horizon, I sometimes feel a little shred of hope and optimism (and I'm sure more will come once this virus is finally gone and I stop coughing). one of my goals for this year: Trust more, fear less.

So here's to what ever is on the horizon! I have NO idea if you are going to be great, or completely blow but I'll be waiting and I know you are waiting for me/us too.

Best wishes to you and your family for the year 2011! Love, Tristin and Juanique



No comments:

Post a Comment