Saturday, August 13, 2011

Powell Power!

*I realize I'm extremely tardy with my blogging updates so this may all seem "so last month"... because it was. But here goes:

Oh yes yes yes!!! It's that time of the year again! I just love love LOVE summer times!

Not only did July bring the 4th of July, my parents visiting and me passing my Citizenship test (Yes, I'm one step closer to becoming a Yankie....is that a derogatory term? I honestly don't know) but it also brought LAKE POWELL!!

Oh, Lake Powell, how you sooth me!


It was bliss, it was chaos, It was blissfully chaotic.... it was SO MUCH FUN!

Long story short, when trying to dock and anchor the house boat a storm conveniently started to brew pushing our boat onto a shallow sand bank in the lake. So there we all were, standing on a massive three story house boat in the middle of the lake with dented propellers (House boat, meet rocks. Rocks, meet House boat).

Lucky for us there were several other vacationers around that came to our rescue. 15 men, lots of digging and 2 hours later we were freed from the clutches of a sand/rock bank!


THANK YOU GOOD SAMARITANS! You guys rocked!

The rest of our vacationing was just that...a vacation. Boating, surfing, eating, games, REPEAT!
Thank you Rick and Kim for always spoiling us with these trips! Not only are they healthy for the soul, but they do wonders for my sanity! You guys Rock!

I Just HAD to dedicate an entire page to Beatrix because, let's be honest, she kinda runs the show sometimes! She also loves to be in the spot light so getting funny pics of her was a cinch!



Cant wait til next year! Thanks Rick and Kim for an AMAZING vacation! We love you!

1 comment: